Marketers must understand how the Instagram algorithm works in order to keep up with the 2022 updates and best practices... Prior to 2021, the app was all about still images. It is now a hub for all types of video content.
As we approach 2022, the platform is overflowing with video content. Reels are all over the place, and Instagram Video now has a full-screen player.
Reels are essential if you want to grow your Instagram audience. Instagram CEO Adam Mosseri recently issued a statement stating that video will be one of the platform's top priorities in the future.
There's a lot to learn about Instagram's algorithm... At the end of the day, it's all about putting relevant content in front of a willing audience. Remember the following if you want to be successful on Instagram in 2022.
- Post at least two Stories per day and two Feed posts per week.
- Interact with your commenters.
- Post when your target audience is online
- Make use of relevant hashtags.
- Post Reels
- Post Carousels
- Follow the Instagram Guidelines as if your life depended on it.